- CoB Home
- Our People
- Academic Programs-AACSB
- Affiliate Programs
- Centers and Institutes
- Ranking and Recognition
- Academic Services Center
- Support the CoB
- Community Involvement
Internships can enhance your résumé and job prospects and, in some cases, can be taken for academic credit. Even though internship experiences are highly encouraged by each CoB department, internships are not a graduation requirement. It is strongly recommend that students pursue an internship for a number of reasons:
- An internship provides you with the opportunity to determine if your major is right for you.
- An internship allows you to apply your classroom experiences to practical scenarios.
- An internship can lead to an offer from a firm for an entry-level position after graduation.
- An internship gives you practical experience when interviewing for entry-level positions.
- An internship can build your confidence.
- An internship for credit can act as an elective course to fulfill requirements for your major.
For more information on internship opportunities, contact the relevant program coordinator listed below. Note: Economics, Management and Marketing are the only CoB departments that award academic credit for internship experiences.
|Accounting (Graduate Only)||Dr. Charles Barilemail@example.com||568-3092|
|Computer Information Systems||Dr. Tom Dillonfirstname.lastname@example.org||568-3015|
|Economics||Dr. Bruce Bruntonemail@example.com||568-3211|
|Finance||Dr. Hui Sonofirstname.lastname@example.org||568-6530|
|International Business||Dr. Bob Jeromeemail@example.com||568-3029|
|Management||Mrs. Chris Roederfirstname.lastname@example.org||568-3143|
|Marketing||Dr. Eric Boydemail@example.com||568-2721|
|Quantitative Finance||Dr. Hui Sonofirstname.lastname@example.org||568-6530|
How to Find an Internship
You have several avenues for finding an internship, including the following:
- Attend the Career and Academic Planning Job and Internship Fairs
- Access information about internships from the Career and Academic Planning website
- Visit company websites
- Network with your resources; some of the most beneficial internships start with personal contacts.