Skip to Main Content

You are in the main content

Declaring a CoB Major or Minor

If you are a current JMU student seeking to change your major to a College of Business major, you must be in good academic standing at the university on the date you submit a Change or Declaration of Major form.  Good academic standing is defined as having a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.  College of Business majors are:  Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing and Quantitative Finance.

If you are a non-College of Business student seeking to declare a CoB minor, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher is required on the date you submit a Declaration of Minor form.  This policy applies to the following minors in Chinese Business Studies and Economics.  The minors in Business Analytics and Computer Information Systems require a separate application process after completing a series of courses.   Acceptance to the BSAN and CIS minors is not guaranteed.

To declare a College of Business major or minor, please visit the Career and Academic Planning Major/Minor Declaration website.