Deborah L. Warnaar, Ph.D.
Education, Honors, Awards
- Lecturer James Madison University (1992-present)
- Ph.D. Virginia Commonwealth University (1992)
- B.A. Hope College (1981)
- Advising nearly all freshman chemistry majors, guiding their first year experience and academic choices.
- Developing, directing, and teaching Science in London, a short-term study abroad program. This program operates in even-year summers.
- Innovations in the chemistry classroom environment.
Selected Recent Publications
- Nicholas C. Corsepius, Thomas C. DeVore, Barbara A. Reisner, and Deborah L. Warnaar, "Using Variable Temperature Powder X-ray Diffraction To Determine the Thermal Expansion Coefficient of Solid MgO," J. Chem. Educ. (2007), 84, 818.
- Deborah L Warnaar, “Science in London: A laboratory for interdisciplinary learning”, ACTC Trends in the Liberal Arts Core: Cooperative Integration Between the Humanities and the Sciences, Walnut Creek CA, September 21-23, 2006.
- Deborah L. Warnaar, “Models for Study Abroad: General Education Abroad”, 2005 AGLS / AIS Joint National Conference, Fairfax, VA, October 6-9, 2005.
- Warnaar, D. L.; DeVore, T. C.; Reisner, B. A., Thermal decomposition of metal oxalates: Project laboratories that incorporate thermal analysis throughout the curriculum, Abstracts of Papers, 230th ACS National Meeting, Washington, DC, United States, Aug.28-Sept.1, 2005, CHED-088.