Skip to Main Content
You are in the main content



  • Virginia resident
  • Admission to JMU as a freshmen or transfer student
  • Financial eligibility is determined by the 2016-17 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).  Upon completion of the form, all prospective and active CSP students must qualify anually for the Federal Pell Grant as part of this process.
  • Aptitude and interest in program activities

Graduate Students

  • Admission as a first-year graduate student
  • Aptitude and interest in program activities

Exceptions Below Apply Only to Graduate Students:

  • If residency is determined to be outside of the domicile of Virginia funding is limited to in-state tuition rates. 
  • Completion of FAFSA is required but is not used to determine graduate student's eligibility.

If you meet these criteria and would like to apply to the Centennial Scholars Program, please navigate to the appropriate application page to complete the undergraduate application form or graduate application form page on our website.