Need experience for the job interviewing process?
Worried about what is involved?
Do you know how to answer behavioral interview questions?
If any of these situations apply to you, JMU's Mock Interview Program can help you gain valuable experience interviewing with actual company representatives without leaving campus!
Mock Interviews, sponsored by Career and Academic Planning, are an opportunity for you to practice interviewing with an employer. The employer will offer you professional feedback on your performance. All Mock Interviews are held in the Sonner Hall Interview Center, on the lower level.
Mock Interviews are by appointment only and you must first participate in the online Recruit-A-Duke workshop to sign up for Mock Interviews.
Check the Career and Academic Planning Calendar for upcoming Mock Interview dates.
What do the students have to say about participating in mock interviews?
- 97% of students who participated gained valuable experience from their mock interview
- "The recruiter provided a lot of great input that I will carry with in future interviews. It was a great experience."
- "It was prompt and timely, offered a meaningful learning experience. I definitely advise other students to use this resource."
- "This was my first professional interview. I think that it was very helpful and than you for giving me the opportunity! I plan to sign up for more in the future."
How do I sign up for a Mock Interview?
- Make sure that you've viewed the Recruit-A-Duke online workshop first, in order to be an authorized user of the system. See link above.
- Go to the Recruit-A-Duke Student Log-in page. Enter your username and password.
- Click Job Opportunities > On Campus Recruiting.
- Type in "Mock" under the keyword search.
- Sort list by clicking on Deadline heading. Deadlines are always 2 days prior to the event- so if you want to interview on September 15th, look for September 13th deadlines.
- Click on the name of a company to sign up for an interview. You do not need to be interested in that organization to interview with them.
Many Mock Interviews include BEHAVIORAL interview questions. These questions are open-ended and ask you about past work or life experiences. Learn more about behavioral interviewing, so you'll know what to expect.
For more information, peruse the Interviewing portion of our website.