Make a Decision
The content below is a brief overview of how you may make decisions. We encourage you to schedule an appointment with an academic or career adviser to create a plan that’s right for you.
- What are my top three work values?
- Of majors I am considering, what courses are required?
- Of careers I am considering, what is the employment outlook?
- Reflect on the information uncovered in the “What?” stage.
- Knowing my top three work values, to what extent are they satisfied by majors or careers I am considering?
- Knowing the required courses of majors I am considering, how many sound interesting? Does this seem like what I want to focus my coursework in?
- Knowing the employment outlook of careers I am considering, am I still interested?
Take your reflections and determine your next move.
- If you have confirmed choices, you are ready to set some goals and move forward with your decisions.
- If you still have unanswered questions, identify the concerns related to the questions and start back at the “What” stage.