Understand how your unique personality strengths can be utilized in different majors, career fields, and work environments. To get started, ask yourself the following questions:
- What personality traits might have an impact on your work environment?
- How do you interact with others?
- How do you make decisions?
- How do you process your surrounding environment?
- What environments are the best fit for your personality?
- What types of careers or work settings best take advantage of your personal approach?
Knowing your personality is the first step. Knowing how to connect your personality to your major and career options comes next, and can be informed by the tools described below or meeting with a career counselor.
You can also explore your Personality using these resources:
- Login to FOCUS. Under the title, “Self-Assessment,” click “Personality Assessment.”
- Keirsey Temperament Sorter
These tools are hosted on other websites. However, you are still encouraged to meet with us for further clarification.
Individual Career Counseling
Working individually with an academic and career adviser provides a self-paced, face-to-face opportunity to get support in exploring majors and careers. Academic and career advisers assist students of all academic levels during individual appointments regarding career and academic decision-making and planning. You can schedule an appointment online, or schedule an appointment by calling us at 540-568-6555.