As you’re thinking about a potential major or career, here are some factors to consider.
- What are the admission and progression requirements for majors, graduate schools, or professional school programs you are considering?
- Do you have a competitive application for the program you want to pursue?
- Do you have any time constraints you are trying to work within?
- Are there any deadlines that are dictating when certain decisions need to be made?
- Does your timeline allow for any flexibility?
- What role does your family play in your decision about majors or careers?
- What expectations does your family have of you, and how might that impact your decisions about majors or careers?
Level of Education Required
- Are you willing or able to continue your education, if needed, for jobs in your chosen career field?
For help accounting for additional considerations related to major or career options, schedule an appointment with an academic and career advisor.