Other Questions to Ask
As you’re thinking about a potential major or career, here are some factors to consider.
Admission to the Major
- What are the admission and progression requirements for majors, graduate schools, or professional school programs you are considering?
- Do you have a competitive application for the program you want to pursue?
- Do you have any time constraints you are trying to work within?
- Are there any deadlines that are dictating when certain decisions need to be made?
- Does your timeline allow for any flexibility?
- What role does your family play in your decision about majors or careers?
- What expectations does your family have of you, and how might that impact your decisions about majors or careers?
Level of Education Required
- Are you willing or able to continue your education, if needed, for jobs in your chosen career field?
- How might this impact your current financial situation (e.g. if switching majors would it take longer to graduate, thus requiring more expenses to cover the tuition)?