JMU Teacher Recruitment Day
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Fair: 10am-12pm | Interviews: 12-4pm
Location: Madison Union Ballroom
Check out photos from the event on our Flickr account.
Contact: Michelle Gnoleba at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-568-6555
- 8:30-10am: Check-in at the Madison Union Ballroom
- Arrive, check in, and set up your table in the Madison Union Ballroom
- 10am-12pm: Career Fair in the Madison Union Ballroom
- Students have not been pre-registered for this event and will be using this time to network and, if applicable, schedule afternoon interviews with you.
- 12-4pm: Interviews
- All interviews will be conducted in 20 minute increments at your table in the Madison Union Ballroom. Please note: Recruiters are responsible for scheduling all morning, afternoon, and lunch breaks.
- Registration Opens: November 2, 2015
- Registration Closes: March 24, 2016 or when all spaces have been reserved
- Cancellation Deadline for 100% refund: January 29, 2016
- Cancellation Deadline for 50% refund: February 29, 2016
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received after February 29, 2016
- If the event is canceled by James Madison University due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued.
- Please submit payment within 30 days of completing the registration process.
- All registration fees include table (8 foot by 2 foot), event publicity, and 2 representatives. Each organization is limited to 1 table only. Afternoon interviews will be conducted at the same table used for the career fair portion of the event.
- $100: Basic Registration
- $150: Basic Registration + Extra Interview Room (We have 4 extra interview rooms, reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis)
- $10: Additional Attendees
- The instructions below assume that you already have a NACELink/Symplicity account.
- If you DO NOT have a NACELink/Symplicity account, you must first register your organization's information on Recruit-A-Duke. Within 24 hours of registering, you will receive a username and password to complete the registration instructions below.
- If you DO have a NACELink/Symplicity account, continue reading below. It may be helpful to print these instructions for your reference.
- Note: If you do not remember your password, click on the Forgot Password button located on the Recruit-A-Duke login screen.
- Go to the Recruit-A-Duke login page for Employers.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click on the tab labeled "Career Fair & Information Sessions".
- Click on the "Register" button next to the event that you wish to register for.
- Proceed to filling in all of the required fields.
- You will receive a confirmation from our office upon approval of your registration.
Need to send your display in advance? Ship it to:
Teacher Recruitment Day c/o Bob Davis
Events & Conferences
1301 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
It is recommended that you mail displays no earlier than 1-2 weeks before the event.
Please print and bring this information with you. If a hotel stay will be part of your visit, view our list of local accommodations.
Please allow at least 30 minutes for parking and unloading. You may be ticketed if you park in non-designated lots.
The event will be held in the Madison Union Ballroom. Directions provided below are from Interstate 81. If you will be coming from a different location, or need a physical address for Google Maps or GPS, use: 170 Bluestone Dr, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
You may also want to print and bring a JMU Campus Map.
- From South of Harrisonburg:
- Traveling north on 81 take exit 245 and turn left. Get into the right lane. At the second stop light turn right into campus on Bluestone Dr. Follow Bluestone Dr for 0.6miles. When you go through the second stop light and start up the hill you will come to a stop sign. Madison Union is directly on your right.
- From North of Harrisonburg:
- Traveling south on 81 get off at exit 245 and turn right. Stay in the right lane. At the first stop light turn right into campus on Bluestone Dr. Follow Bluestone Dr for 0.6 miles. When you go through the second stop light and start up the hill you will come to a stop sign. Madison Union is directly on your right.
If the university is closed or the opening of the university is delayed until 11am or later, the Fair will be rescheduled. If the university opens by 10am, the Fair will run as scheduled. In the event that the university closes during the day the event will be immediately canceled, and all employer fees will be refunded. For JMU cancellation information go to http://www.jmu.edu or call 540-433-5300.