Career & Internship Fair - Spring 2015
February 26th (postponed from Feb. 17th)
& February 18th, 2015
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
JMU Festival Conference & Student Center
Information for Employers
(Not an employer? See our page for Students.)
The Career Fair is a 2-day event, but each organization is invited to register for one day.
- 9-11am: Arrive at JMU's Ballroom, check in, and set up booth
- 11am-3pm: Career Fair
- Afternoon of Day 1: Networking Reception for all participants. An invitation with details will be sent to all registered employers. (Not rescheduled from 2/17.)
Formal interviews are not part of the Career Fair schedule. To arrange for On-Campus Interviewing during the academic year, please contact our Employer Relations & Recruiting staff at email@example.com or 540-568-6229.
- Registration Opens: Nov. 3, 2014.
- Registration Closes: When all spaces have been reserved.
- Cancellation Deadline for 100% refund: Jan. 5, 2015.
- Cancellation Deadline for 50% refund: Jan. 30, 2015.
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received after Jan. 30, 2015.
- If the event is canceled by James Madison University due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued.
- Please submit payment within 30 days of completing the registration process
- All registration fees include table (8 foot by 2 foot), event publicity, and 2 representatives. Each organization is limited to 1 table only.
- $400: For-Profit Organizations
- $200: Government Agencies
- $100: Non-Profit Organizations (To verify non-profit status, your tax ID will be requested when you register.)
- $15: Additional Attendees
- The instructions below assume that you already have a NACELink/Symplicity account.
- If you DO NOT have a NACELink/Symplicity account, you must first register your organization's information on Recruit-A-Duke. Within 24 hours of registering, you will receive a username and password to complete the registration instructions below.
- If you DO have a NACELink/Symplicity account, continue reading below. It may be helpful to print these instructions for your reference.
- Note: If you do not remember your password, click on the Forgot Password button located on the Recruit-A-Duke login screen.
- Log in on the Recruit-A-Duke login page for Employers.
- Click on the "Career Fair & Information Sessions" tab.
- Click on the "Register" button next to the event that you wish to register for, and fill required fields.
- You will receive a confirmation from our office upon approval of your registration.
Need to send your display in advance? Ship it to:
Career Fair c/o Bob Davis
Events & Conferences
1301 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Please send your packages no earlier than Feb. 10, 2015.
The event will be held in the Festival Conference & Student Center at 1301 Carrier Drive, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
Unloading and parking:
- Pull into the Festival cul-de-sac and unload all materials for the Fair onto the sidewalk. Staff will ask you which organization you represent and bring your materials inside to your assigned table.
- Exit the cul-de-sac as quickly as possible out of consideration for other recruiters. You can check in when you return from parking your car.
- Drive around the cul-de-sac and turn right onto Carrier Drive.
- When Carrier Drive ends at the JMU sign, turn right onto University Boulevard.
- Follow University Boulevard for less than a mile to JMU Parking Lot "Convo A".
- Park your car anywhere in the "Convo A" lot. Parking anywhere else will result in a ticket.
- JMU shuttles will be leaving every few minutes from the "Convo A" parking lot. The shuttles will take you back to the Festival for the Fair.
- When you arrive at the Festival proceed to the registration table (straight ahead through the entrance) to check in.
At the end of the day, shuttles will be available to either:
- take you and your materials back to the parking lot -OR-
- take you back to your car where you may drive back to the Festival to pick up your materials
Please print and bring this information with you. If a hotel stay will be part of your visit, view our list of local accommodations.
If the university is closed or the opening of the university is delayed until 11am or later, the Fair will be postponed until Feb. 26th, 2015. If the university opens by 10am, the Fair will run as scheduled. In the event that the university closes during the day the event will be canceled, and all employer fees will be refunded. For JMU cancellation information go to http://www.jmu.edu or call 540-433-5300.
In preparation for meeting with students, you may find it helpful to learn more about JMU majors. For information on other recruiting options at JMU, visit our Employer website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the fair, please join in the conversation on social media with hashtag #jmucareerfair or @jmucap. Your photos on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram tagged with #jmucareerfair will be automatically uploaded to our Career Fair Tagboard! Check out photos from the Fall 2014 Career & Internship Fair on our Facebook page!
Contact Emma Maynard at email@example.com or 540-568-6555.