Career & Internship Fair - Fall 2014
Information for Employers
September 29th & 30th from 11am-3pm
Festival Conference & Student Center
Contact: Emma Maynard at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Career Fair is a 2 day event, but each organization just registers for one of these days.
- September 29th & 30th Fair participants:
- 9-11am: Arrive at JMU's Ballroom, check in, and set up booth
- 11am-3pm: Career Fair
- Networking Reception for all participants:
- A networking reception will also be held for employers on the evening of September 29th. An invitation with details will be sent to all registered employers.
Formal interviews are not part of the Career Fair schedule. To arrange for On-Campus Interviewing during the academic year, please contact us at email@example.com.
Join in the conversation on Twitter with hashtag #jmucareerfair or @jmucap. Check out photos from our last Career Fair on Facebook.
- Registration Opens: May 5, 2014.
- Registration Closes: September 24, 2014 or when all spaces have been reserved.
- Cancellation Deadline for 100% refund: August 1, 2014.
- Cancellation Deadline for 50% refund: September 5, 2014.
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received after September 5, 2014.
- If the event is canceled by James Madison University due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued.
- Please submit payment within 30 days of completing the registration process
- All registration fees include table (8 foot by 2 foot), event publicity, and 2 representatives. Each organization is limited to 1 table only.
- $400: For-Profit Organizations
- $200: Government Agencies
- $100: Non-Profit Organizations (To verify non-profit status, your tax ID will be requested when you register.)
- $15: Additional Attendees
- The instructions below assume that you already have a NACELink/Symplicity account.
- If you DO NOT have a NACELink/Symplicity account, you must first register your organization's information on Recruit-A-Duke. Within 24 hours of registering, you will receive a username and password to complete the registration instructions below.
- If you DO have a NACELink/Symplicity account, continue reading below. It may be helpful to print these instructions for your reference.
- Note: If you do not remember your password, click on the Forgot Password button located on the Recruit-A-Duke login screen.
- Go to the Recruit-A-Duke login page for Employers.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click on the tab labeled "Career Fair & Information Sessions".
- Click on the "Register" button next to the event that you wish to register for.
- Proceed to filling in all of the required fields.
- You will receive a confirmation from our office upon approval of your registration.
Need to send your display in advance? Ship it to:
Fall Career Fair c/o Bob Davis
Events & Conferences
1301 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Please send your packages no earlier than September 22, 2014.
The event will be held in the Festival Conference & Student Center at 1301 Carrier Drive, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
Unloading and parking:
- Pull into the Festival cul-de-sac and unload all materials for the Fair onto the sidewalk. Staff will ask you which organization you represent and bring your materials inside to your assigned table.
- Exit the cul-de-sac as soon as possible out of consideration for other recruiters. You can check in when you return from parking your car.
- Drive around the cul-de-sac and turn right onto Carrier Drive.
- When Carrier Drive ends at the JMU sign, turn right onto University Boulevard.
- Follow University Boulevard for less than a mile to JMU Parking Lot "Convo A".
- Park your car anywhere in the "Convo A" lot. Parking anywhere else will result in a ticket.
- JMU shuttles will be leaving every few minutes from the "Convo A" parking lot. Look for the tent- this is the shuttle stop. The shuttles will take you back to the Festival for the Fair.
- When you arrive at the Festival proceed to the registration table (straight ahead through the entrance) to check in.
At the end of the day, shuttles will be available to either:
- take you and your materials back to the parking lot -OR-
- take you back to your car where you may drive back to the Festival (following the Fair signage) to pick up your materials
Please print and bring this information with you. If a hotel stay will be part of your visit, view our list of local accommodations.
If the university is closed or the opening of the university is delayed until 11am or later, the Fair will be rescheduled. If the university opens by 10am, the Fair will run as scheduled. In the event that the university closes during the day the event will be immediately canceled, and all employer fees will be refunded. For JMU cancellation information go to http://www.jmu.edu or call 540-433-5300.