Conduct Practice Interviews
The Practice Interview Program is held each semester. This program gives students the opportunity to practice their interview skills with employers.
As an employer, you can register for an all-day session (8:30 a.m. 4:15 p.m.), or half-day sessions (morning or afternoon), with lunch provided.
To volunteer for the Practice Interview Program it is preferred that you are also participating in On-Campus Recruiting at JMU. Participating in the program will allow you to conduct a behavioral practice interview with students from various majors and share feedback with them on what they did well and how they can improve their interview skills.
Student Comments on Practice Interviews at JMU
- 97% of students who participated gained valuable experience from their practice interview.
- "The recruiter provided a lot of great input that I will carry in future interviews. It was a great experience."
- "It was prompt and timely, offered a meaningful learning experience. I definitely advise other students to use this resource."
- "This was my first professional interview. I think that it was very helpful and thank you for giving me the opportunity! I plan to sign up for more in the future."
Employer Comments on Practice Interviews at JMU
- "The quality of related experiences displayed by JMU students was impressive. It was certainly worth my time to come."
- "JMU students all seemed eager and professional. They were very open to feedback and happy to learn. I enjoyed working with them."
- "Every student was personable and welcomed feedback from the practice interview process."
Interested in participating in this program and want to learn more? Contact Emma Maynard at firstname.lastname@example.org.