Real Property-Lease Amendment Process
On occasion, there may be a need to change the terms and conditions of a lease during the lease period. Lease Amendments must be approved by the Vice President of Administration & Finance and Office of the Attorney General; primarily, the Amendment process is very similar to approval of a new lease.
- Real Property discusses changes with the department leasing space (Tenant) and Landlord. Usually, the Lease Amendment can affect a new lease cost and a JMU Purchase Requisition should accompany an Amendment request.
- Real Property works with Landlord to prepare a draft Lease Amendment. The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) reviews the draft Lease Amendment for content.
- Upon OAG review and acceptance, the Lease Amendment is forwarded to the Landlord for signature.
- The Lease Amendment is forwarded to OAG for final review and signature approval.
- The approved Lease Amendment is returned to Real Property for signature and distribution to the appropriate parties.