Help Keep the Arboretum Beautiful
The Edith J. Carrier Arboretum & Botanical Gardens is a special place for the community and we ask you to help keep the arboretum and gardens enjoyable for everyone. Please see our guidelines below:
- Extinguish cigarettes ~ discard cold butts in trash cans. No flames anywhere in the arboretum, including smoking and grilling fires. We're a tree & wildflower preserve!
- Do not pick, do not collect or handle any kind of plant materials including flowers and mushrooms, for your safety and to keep our gardens beautiful for all visitors.
- Leashed dogs are always welcome. Please collect droppings and leave filled doggie bags in our trash cans.
- Ponds and streams are for frogs, turtles, ducks, geese, and koi. People and dogs please stay out of all water features including, no fishing*, ice skating, boats*!
- Quarters in the pellet food dispenser satisfies wildlife and supports the arboretum.
- Please discard trash and recyclables in correct receptacles. We're very grateful!
- If you witness an incident that needs rescue or law enforcement, please call for help: (540) 568-6911
To contact the office, weekdays, business hours: 568-3194.
Visit the arboretum at Flicker; follow us on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.
Please hash tag #EdithJCarrierArboretumatJMU on all web video and picture blogs and posts.
See our events and programs and to be added to our email contacts or to write to us from our Contact Us page.
Professional Portrait Photographers need to reserve in advance!