JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY BIS ALUMNI/STUDENT CHAPTER
The Dwight M. Sours '97 '03 Endowed Scholarship
*DEADLINE: Friday, March 6, 2009*
Directions for form: Click on the shaded box and type. The form will expand as you type. Tab to the next spot and continue typing. When done, save the application to your desktop or My Documents file and print out. Mail or fax your completed application ADP Scholarship Committee, James Madison University, 800 South Main Street/MSC 6906, Harrisonburg, VA 22807.
Please call the Adult Degree Program Office at 540-568-6824 with any questions.
Complete Home Address:
Entering Semester: Anticipated Graduation Semester:
1. Cumulative grade point average at James Madison University (10 points)
2. Number of graded credit hours at James Madison University (10 points)
In the space provided below, please type your responses to the following items. Click on the shaded box and type. The form will expand as you type. Tab to the next spot and continue typing.
3. Applicants must demonstrate a financial need that limits their opportunity to attend college. Describe the reasons this award would help you in finishing your degree. (20 points)
4. Where do you see yourself in five (5) years? (20 points)
5. What will this degree do for you? What are your plans on how you will use this degree? (20 points)
6. What community service and/or volunteer activities have you participated in? Please include past and present activities listing dates if possible. (30 points)
7. Dwight Sours was a strong supporter of the Adult Degree Program and served as president of the ADP Alumni/Student Chapter. Over the past year, participation in the group has waned, but several alumni are interested in revitalizing the group. What would you suggest to generate more participation in the alumni/student chapter? What types of activities would you plan? What suggestions do you have for keeping interest in the chapter strong? 50 POINTS)
INTERVIEW--In the event of tied scores on the above criteria, successful candidates will be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
On my honor, I pledge that the information on this application is true to the best of my knowledge and the answers were written solely on my own.