Tips for a Great Visit to JMU
A few suggestions on how to make the most of your visit to James Madison University.
- Request your group visit online at least two weeks in advance.
- Please let us know if anyone in your group has special needs related to a disability.
- If you would like to meet with a specific department you will need to contact that department directly to set up an appointment.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. We encourage comfortable clothing and an umbrella; tours are given rain or shine! Check the Shenandoah Valley weather before you leave home!
- Arrive early.
- Take a student-led campus tour through campus. If you are unable to participate in a student-led campus tour, maps are available for self-guided tours.
- Enjoy lunch on campus in one of our many dining facilities.
- Talk with JMU students you encounter during your visit.
- Check out the University Recreation Center and the JMU Bookstore.
- Attend a concert, lecture or athletic event. For a schedule of campus activities, visit the JMU Calendar of Events
- Ask lots of questions!
- After your visit, please fill out our Visit Evaluation Form. We'd love to hear your feedback.