In the Belgian system: a minimum average of 14 out of 20, 70% out of 100%, Met Onderscheiding, Avec Distinction, Very Good. Or the equivalent in the U.S. system: a 'B' average or a 3.00 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.00 GPA grading scale. If your high school uses a different grading scale, please contact us.
If you do not meet the minimum requirements, you may still be considered for admission. Please contact us to explain your situation.
Please contact us for country-specific transfer information.
English Language Requirement for Nonnative Speakers
Demonstrate English language proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Minimum score from one of the following tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- IBT (Internet Based TOEFL): 80
- PBT (Paper Based TOEFL): 550
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.5
- Score of 500 on the Critical Reading Portion of SAT exam
- Submission of a General Certificate of Secondary Education or General Certificate of Education "O" level in English language
- Possession of an American associate's or bachelor's degree equivalent from an accredited institution located in a country where English is the native language.
- Graduation from an accredited high school in a native English-speaking country where the applicant has resided for at least four years.
James Madison University offers conditional admission to international undergraduate students who have not yet reached the minimum TOEFL or IELTS score. You may also apply to our English Language Transition Program at the International Study Center