The Department of Human Resource Management's policy on Alcohol and Other Drugs (Policy 1.05)
states that the following acts by employees are prohibited:
- Unlawful or unauthorized manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of alcohol and other drugs on the workplace;
- Impairment on the workplace from the use of alcohol or other drugs (except the use of drugs for legitimate medical purposes);
- Action which results in the criminal conviction for:
- A violation of any criminal drug law, based upon conduct occurring either on or off the workplace, or
- A violation of any alcoholic beverage control law, or law that governs driving while intoxicated, based upon conduct occurring on the workplace.
Please click here for the full text of JMU's Standards of Conduct and Performance for Classified Employees, Policy 1317.