What are shared courses?
The TelePresence system and other technologies give us the capability to share specialized courses and low enrollment courses with participating institutions. This opens up a number of possibilities to increase the diversity of our courses, faculty, students, and for innovation in content delivery:
- Lower “make numbers” at the host institution
- More specialized courses in key content areas
- Coordination, faculty support, student registration, course listing, and other administrative requirements are coordinated by the 4VA collaborative
What courses are being shared?
- Language courses – Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, Turkish, and Persian
- ISAT Courses – Intelligence Analysis – A simulation designed to explore religious-based terrorism
Goal for 2012 - 2013
- Expand content area offerings, opportunities, and participation of students and faculty
What courses are in the works?
- Engineering and robotics
- Disaster planning and response
Interested in developing a course or suggesting one?