What are shared courses?
The TelePresence system and other technologies give us the capability to share specialized courses and low enrollment courses with participating institutions. This opens up a number of possibilities to increase the diversity of our courses, faculty, students, and for innovation in content delivery:
- Lower “make numbers” at the host institution
- More specialized courses in key content areas
- Coordination, faculty support, student registration, course listing, and other administrative requirements are coordinated by the 4-VA collaborative
What courses are being shared?
- Language courses – Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, Turkish, and Persian, Italian, Korean, and Spanish
- Political Science Course– Intelligence Analysis – A simulation designed to explore religious-based terrorism
- Biology Courses- Population Ecology, Community Ecology, and Ornithology
- Management/Honors Course- Critical Thinking on Business Issues
Interested in developing a course or suggesting one?
- Coming Soon- Shared Course RFP
- Questions – contact JMU’s 4-VA Coordinator